Monday 26 May 2014

Review ; Maybelline BB cream & FIT Concealer. ♡

There was so much hype going around about the Maybelline BB cream, so finally , i decided to give it a go, along with the new concealer.



I was mostly drawn into buying this BB cream, as an alternative to my benefit tinted moisturiser i reviewed here, because 
A. A LOT cheaper
&
B. it had some benefits i liked..

The BB cream, claims to :

1. Create a natural glow

It certainly did not give me a natural glow, more than anything i felt like it made me look powdery..

2. Compliment skin tone

it made me look lighter, and yes i made sure this is my shade..

3.SPF 30 UV protection

i guess it does have that advantage.

4.Hydrates all day

Didn't at all feel like it gave me that feeling, i felt like it was so dry!

5.Blurs imperfections

Not really..

6. Oil-free,Non-greasy

i think it did this one quite well..

7. Looks visibly smooth

not really.. it looked powdery on me

8. Feels fresh

not at all.. i couldn't wait till i got it off, it felt so suffocating.

honestly, i wore this product 4 times to give it chances to impress, but after that now I'm sure i will never wear it again. thank god it was not that expensive, so i don't feel super bad. 

Ive heard rimmel has a BB cream too, so maybe ill give that a go, but for now I'm sticking to my tinted moisturiser by Benefit, because it literally feels amazing!




Another thing i bought was the FIT concealer, and To be honest, 
i love this one.

 I used to user Rimmel's match perfect concealer, but this one is so much nicer, 

blends so easily, 
feels so smooth, 
and doesn't at all crease in the under eye. 

it also lasts quite a while, and a small bit goes all the way. 

i would totally buy it again for sure!

I was also lucky that day, as maybelline had a "buy 3 get a free bag" offer.. i thought they'd give me one of those makeup bags, so i bought a baby lips chapstick (it was the cheapest) , and was actually surprised i got given such a pretty rosegold-silver cross body bag.

its so cute and perfect for summer.. I'm actually impressed maybelline.

PS: Just because the BB cream failed me, doesn't mean I'm not a fan of maybelline anymore. i love them.. its just this one product failed me..

tell me your thoughts on it ?


Sarah xxx

4 comments:

  1. My friend bought the maybe line bb cream and she didn't like it on her ! Your not the only one !

    http://ellabellascrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank god i was so confused what the hype was all about when i tried it! i don't recommend it at all!

      sarah xxx

      Delete
  2. I've only used the BB Cream! I totally agree with your review, it doesn't work for me alone, as it doesn't provide enough coverage and it becomes extremely oily throughout the day... BUT, I wanted to make it work so finally I found the right way for me to use it! I mix it with my daily foundation for a smoother and natural finish! :)

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah i know! i totally wasn't pleased! i expected way more.. maybe ill try that, sounds like it would make it a lot better ! xxx

      Delete